What a year it’s been, thanks to all of you for your patience and understanding as we work to get our events back on track. We’ve recently invited all 2020 registered runners to re-register for either 2021 or 2022. With over 850 runners back on board for 2021, we’ve decided to be cautious and not open new registrations at this time.
We are reviewing the Covid-19 situation both locally (British Columbia) and globally regularly, and it’s clear we still can’t justify opening any new registrations. We continue to monitor things closely, and we remain in regular contact with our health authority contacts. We will make any announcements about new registrations on this site, via our social media, and in an email newsletter.
While we are proceeding with the full intent to be able to host this event by October, we cannot currently secure permits or permissions, and as we’ve all heard so much this year, nothing is certain. Our primary considerations are the health and safety of our participants and volunteers, and the guidance of our local authorities and land managers. With that in mind, for everyone that applies their 2020 registration credit to 2021, we are guaranteeing 100% credit into a future year Squamish 50 if we’re not able to host in 2021.
Race Weekend: Oct 16-17, 2021
2021 entry pricing:
Entry fees will have GST and Race Roster processing fee added.
Consider volunteering – volunteers receive advance registration opportunity for the next year.
The Fine Print:
- Registrations are non-transferable, and no credits will be issued.
- You cannot defer your race entry to a future year.
- There are no waitlists.
- Anyone dropping out by May 1 will receive a 50% refund of entry fees.
- You can move down in distance until July 31; you can not move up in distance.
- No credit provided for the difference in entry fee if you decide to move down in distance.
- To drop out or move down in distance, send us a note via our Contact Us form.
- $5500 cash prize purse for top 3 male and female 50 milers ($2000 / $500 / $250)!
- $1000 cash bonus for new 50 mile male and female course records!
- Great prizing for top three in all distances, and for random draw prizes – we typically have about $7,500 in prizing
- Sexy & comfy SQ50 race tees for all runners in all distances
- Stylish nylon ‘shoe bag’ for all runners in all distances
- Chip timing
- $10 from every entry is donated to SORCA for their trail building & maintenance efforts.
- Fully-stocked, frequent and fun aid stations – courtesy Nesters Market in Squamish
- Finisher’s medals for all distances
- Limited edition trucker hats for 50/50 finishers
- Beautiful custom wood awards designed and produced by Elevation Culture to top three male & female in each distance
- Post-race BBQ, beer gardens and festivities
- Finish line high fives and/or hugs from race organizers
- Experienced safety and medical support
- Discounted room rates with our hotel partner(s)
- An unforgettable mountain running experience in “The Outdoor Recreation Capital Of Canada”
NOTE: Coast Mountain Trail Running will provide a limited refund and credit towards the next year’s event if the event is cancelled or modified for reasons beyond the organizer’s control, including weather, acts of nature, war, strikes or other unforeseeable circumstances. See details.